Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Welcome to My Blog...

Hey Y'all!  Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself before I start what is sure to be a stream of posts.

-My name is Dana Grothaus and I've been vegan for a little over a year now.  I'm 33 years old.  Here's a post I wrote about why I went vegan in the first place.

-I have an amazing husband that encourages me to do anything that will make me happy.  Yeah, he's pretty great!  When I first told him about wanting to go vegan, he said "Whatever makes you happy, and as long as you don't make me do it."

-We have two bright and healthy kids.  They are 7 and 9.  I feed them a primarily vegan diet at home.  There are a few things things that have been hard to remove from their diets (actually just one, it's CHEESE).  I pack their lunches for school (except on pizza day, see, there it is again, CHEESE).  When they are not at home, that's when the problems arise.  We may have to have a separate post about just that issue as well.

-Some of you may have reached this blog through my other blog, Dana's Dabbling Studio.  I'm a craft blogger who designs hand made cards.  It's a little more than a hobby, just something I love to do.

-I have an amazing friend named Jenn, I'm sure you are going to hear a lot of adventures with her on this blog.  She is why I'm vegan after all!

-As for the name of this blog, "I'm Vegan Y'all", it's because I live in Kentucky.  I'm totally aware of the stereotypes and thought this would be a sort of ironic blog title.  Actually Jenn came up with it.  We were messaging each other one day, I have no idea what about and her reply to me was "We're Vegan Y'all!" and a lightbulb went off.  I wanted to start this blog so many times but couldn't because I didn't have a good blog title and therefore not a memorable web address.

-I really want to be a plant-based vegan.  That's how I originally started out, and then I discovered a whole world of delicious vegan foods and recipes, so many recipes!   Trying to get back into my veggie-loving ways.

-I wanted to start this blog in a big part so my friends and family can get a better idea of what being vegan means.  I started being vegan for all the health benefits, but I will stay vegan for animal rights.  Living in Kentucky and being vegan is an odd combination.  People still don't really get why I don't eat animals.  It's pretty frustrating.  Hopefully this blog will be a way to express my thoughts on certain issues.  I'm not one to spout off my opinion, but I would really like this to be a place to express my feelings.

-Almost everyday I see or hear something and say to myself, "I could blog about that!"

Well, that's about all I have for you now.  I'm sure you'll learn all kinds of fun and embarrassing stuff about me sooner or later.  Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment