Tuesday, September 11, 2012

3 Day Juice Cleanse

Hey Y'all!  My hubby is out town on his annual guys trip.  I decided this would be a great opportunity to try a juice cleanse.  I've always wanted to see if I had it in me to do it.

Stock Photos: Red yellow green. Image: 22213

 Here are my reasons:

-My husband would be far away in case I got cranky from being deprived of solids.

-If the juice cleanse caused me to have zero energy, I can go to sleep when the kids do.

-There are so many BAD vegan foods that taste so GOOD (Oreos, Potato Chips, French Fries).  For quite a while I've been on the slippery slope of not eating enough fruit and veggies and relying on more and more processed vegan foods (Daiya Cheese, Boca Chik'n Patties).  Once you start eating that stuff, your body craves it.  This is a way for me to reset my taste buds.  

I checked into a few options where I would pick up the juices that a business had made.  They were pretty pricey since you are also paying for the convenience of not juicing it yourself.  The only reason I really looked into buying the juices already made was because I don't own a juicer.

My awesome friend Jenn decided she wanted to do the juice cleanse too, AND she just happened to have two juicers at her disposal!   The best part is that I wouldn't be doing this alone.  

I googled "juice cleanse regimen" and eventually came across the Reboot Your Life plans.  The only one that was all juice for three days was the Long Weekend Plan (which Jenn and I refer to as the Tues-Thurs Plan).  Jen and I had also seen the documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, which is what this program is based on. It was important to me to find a plan with recipes and details about how to do it.  I didn't want to just willy-nilly buy things to juice and then drink them in no order or for any rhyme or reason.  Lots of other people have done this plan, so it was pretty safe to say I wasn't going to pass out or worse due to drinking too much juice!

If I really like it I may do it for 6 days.  Who knows!

Jenn and I were so excited to start juicing that we are starting a day earlier than planned!

Stay tuned to read about our adventures in juicing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment