Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Perfect Snack...

Hey y'all!  October is apparently VeganMoFo, which is Vegan Month of Food.  A lot of people on twitter are sharing what they eat as vegans.  I thought I'd share what has been my go-to snack for the past few months.  These are the brands I use, but you can use whatever you want.  
Here's what I do.  I like WASA Crackers because they are full of whole grains and this particular kind only has 3 ingredients (if you don't include water).  The whole grain is really what keeps you filled up.   So, take a cracker and smear some hummus on it.  My favorite is Fountain of Health Roasted Garlic Hummus.  Yum!  I used to be a Sabra girl, but this hummus has ruined me for any other brand.   Top the hummus with some of your favorite salsa.  I've been buying Wholly Salsa like crazy, not just because it tastes good, but because I've been buying them for 50 cents each!  Since they are new there are a lot of coupons floating around (my store doubles coupons) and they have been on sale for $1.50 each.  Since this salsa is "fresh" there aren't any preservatives or chemicals I can't pronounce.  Actually, all the ingredients are vegetables or spices plus lime juice.  

I hope you all give this snack a try!  It's great anytime, a good source of whole grain, protein, and a little vegetables.  This would also be  a good snack when you are traveling since you could pick up all the ingredients at any store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment